As a participant in the Federal 8(a) program, LDF Construction is planning to enter into the All Small Mentor-Protégé program with J.H. Findorff & Son Inc. based out of Madison, Wisconsin The purpose of this program is for larger, established companies to guide and assist smaller, younger companies to be successful in the federal work space. Protégés can get valuable business development help from their mentors in several areas, including:
- Guidance on internal business management systems, accounting, marketing, manufacturing, and strategic planning
- Financial assistance in the form of equity investments, loans, and bonding
- Assistance navigating federal contract bidding, acquisition, and performance process
- Education about international trade, strategic planning, and finding markets
- Business development, including strategy and identifying contracting and partnership opportunities
- General and administrative assistance, like human resource sharing or security clearance support
In order for LDF Construction to qualify we had to meet criteria including;
- Be a small business with industry experience
- Have a proposed mentor prior to applying for the program
- Be organized for profit or as an agricultural cooperative
- Have no more than two mentors in the business’ lifetime
In order for J.H. Findorff & Son to qualify as a mentor, their business must be organized for profit or as an agricultural cooperative, and have no more than three protégés at a time.
Findorff is one of the Midwest’s leading builders. They are a company built on character and integrity with a culture that supports giving generously to the community. Above all, they are committed to bringing the highest level of service and quality craftsmanship to every project they build.
Founded in 1890, their breadth of experience allows them to successfully construct projects of any size and scope. From minor renovations to program management of the most sophisticated and complex facilities, Findorff excels in creating environments that best support their clients.
Their market sectors they serve are ones in which they are both knowledgeable and passionate. Their staff is trained in each prospective area and holds appropriate certifications.
LDF Construction intends to learn and grow utilizing Findorff’s extensive knowledge and experience. Their staff thus far has been knowledgeable, helpful, open and positively great to work with in the short time together. We look forward to a very bright future and relationship with Findorff.